It’s that time of year again, the twinkles are up on Oxford Street and the delivery time on Amazon (the source of 95% of my Christmas shopping) has doubled. But what about the Biblical reference of Christmas, namely those gifts that were passed on to dear baby Jesus, NOT via Amazon might I add.
Being an advocate of Aromatherapy, I’d like to talk about Frankincense in particular. Historically given as a gift to Royalty and used as incense during worship, Frankincense also has some fantastic remedial properties for both the body and the mind. Here are just a few:
- Regenerating the skin and aiding the healing of scars, spots and stretch marks.
- Easing muscular pain, being particularly good for rheumatism through promoting blood circulation to the affected regions.
- Promotes mental relaxation and stress relief.
- Aids energy levels caused to drop by stress.
So if you’re feeling a little frazzled from the party season, or you’re just worn out from the Christmas shopping, here is a recipe for a lovely little topical stress reliever (as seen in my picture!):
- 1 x clean glass bottle
- 10 x table spoons of organic sunflower (or organic oil of your choice)
- 20 x drops of organic Frankincense oil
A simple but very effective treat just for YOU, Merry Christmas x