Nearly two years ago, a fabulous digital publication entered cyberspace – SIX Magazine. Its mission, above and beyond being fabulous, is to captivate and inspire those with a passion for fashion but with a consciousness for being Sustainable & Ethical (S&E).
As part of their mission to provide the latest and greatest in the world of S&E, the aptly named ‘SIXologists’ also pride themselves on delivering up to the minute beauty news, including that of the organic, natural and chemical-free cosmetics industry.
As an aside to my recent feature on ‘Cleaning out the chemicals’, and as so many women I meet seem to shun the idea of chemical-free beauty for a whole plethora of reasons, I have decided to share my top SIX reasons for going chemical free. Here goes girls!
- Long term exposure of chemicals with carcinogenic qualities (like many found in every day cosmetics) can incur diseases such as cancer, allergies, anxiety and depression – to name a few.
- Chemical free beauty products refrain from the contribution of toxins to the body which have a huge effect on organ function, immunity, energy levels – the list goes on!
- Natural cosmetics are non-corrosive so they do not affect your nerve tissues, eyes or skin.
- Chemical laden products can cause irritations even if you do not normally have sensitive skin. Blood shot eyes? Red patchy skin? Not a good look and not comfortable!
- Your body is free to enjoy a healthier immune system from using chemical free products as it is not trying to fight off all those nasty toxins!
- For the pregnant ladies and yummy mummies – you will be protecting your growing babies and teeny tots early on.
To have a peek at the fabulous SIX Magazine for FREE, click on the logo below or go to www.six-magazine.co.uk.